Greetings, Earthlings...

Welcome to Beyond the Limits of Reason, the meeting point for all things Michael Doubrava.

Michael Doubrava profile

I was born on Earth during the second half of the twentieth century.

Untitled (San Lorenzo, New Mexico)

Untitled (San Lorenzo, New Mexico)
A metaphor for the conflict between rationality and emotion; betweeen Apollo and Dionysus; between the empirical and the supernatural; between stasis and revolution...

our motto and mission is to

tickle the idiot
rapture the faithful
pity all the ignorant and hateful

illuminate the enlightened
confound the intellectual
with life distilled flood memory's temple

July 16, 2007




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

While viewing this and the few below I kept seeing something crawling in my peripheral vision only to scroll down to the Cockroach.
I also hear sound coming from violins, cellos and a Theriman or maybe a saw.
I love that don't you
LL

michaeldoubrava said...

RESPONSE:Well, Anonymous (LL), the Cockroach in your eye was but a figment of our collective imagination: it was in your peripheral vision and my interior vision, and made manifest on the surface of your eyeball and the surface of your kind and mysterious brain.And if you hear those sounds when you look at these photographs, I am happy. Yes,I do love that.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the Michelangelo slaves we saw in Florence. Well done!

michaeldoubrava said...

REPLY: That's an interesting comment. I like the idea of the "morphing" of the slave sculptures out of the rock, as these images of mine are about the "plastic" nature of forms as they morph and generate and degenerate and then generate yet again into different forms and species. Thank you for commenting.

Looking for more?

You can access more imagery by clicking on the phrase above which says"older posts". Many additional works can be viewed dating back to the earliest posts which initiated this blog.